Where: SYCAMORE PLACE GALLERY
120 Sycamore Place
Decatur, GA. 30030
When: Aug. 30 - Sept. 1, 2019
Submission Deadline: July 22
Notification of work chosen: Aug. 5
Drop off Work at Sycamore Place Gallery: 10-4 pm, Aug. 24
Opening reception: August 30
Pick up work: 10-4, Sept. 2
As individuals and societies, we witness injustices almost everyday. They materialize in different ways. Sometimes they are public and sometimes they are personal. We may feel traumatized by some, unable to verbalize our pain or our anger or we may feel empowered by others, prompting us to scream out and confront the source. Often times it feels like an avalanche of news lands on our screens or in our ears repetitively. It can be something about our current political status or it can be an injustice at work or within a personal relationship. No matter the injustice, it is upsetting and unsettling, traumatizing. Through psychology we have learned that the healthiest way to manage a traumatic experience is to share it with others, to exteriorize it somehow, to bear witness.
Continuing with our annual theme of Art of Protest, we invite you to submit artwork bearing witness to a situation you feel is important to highlight. We invite you to speak to us about what upsets you, what needs changing, what demands attention so that we may acknowledge it and help you process it.
WCAGA Current Members: This exhibit is open and free to all WCAGA members in good standing.
For non-members: There is a submission fee of $10.00. Please make checks payable to WCAGA and send to Sandrine Arons, 5131 Vinings Estates Way SE. Mableton, GA. 30126 or send through Venmo at WomensCaucus-ofGeorgia
Note: Some images or parts of images may be used for the exhibition invitation and/or Decatur Book Festival program. If you DO NOT WANT your image to be used, please indicate this in your submission by checking the correct box.
- (a) Send 1-3 images and (b) Entry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org (see link below)
- At least ONE image will be selected.
- IMPORTANT: Email subject heading should say “BEARING WITNESS SUBMISSION”
- Image Size should be 300 dpi and no larger than 1500pixels on the longest side.
- Only artwork should be visible. No frames, backgrounds, etc..
- Label each file as follows: Number_Artist Name.jpg (1_SandrineArons.jpg) The number should correspond to the application.
LINK FOR ENTRY FORM
- All work should be ready to hang.
- If unusual hanging is required, please contact Sandrine Arons or Barbara Robinson to let one of us know in advance (emails below)
- Submitting an entry form constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist with all the conditions in the prospectus.
Delivery and Pick-up of Work:
- The artist is responsible for making arrangements for pick up and delivery of artwork from the gallery. If your work will be shipped from out of town, please make arrangements with a WCAGA member to receive your work.
- Returns via shipping must provide proper packaging and postage or you may make necessary arrangements to have your work picked up by another WCAGA member.
Any further questions should be directed at
Sandrine Arons (email@example.com)
or Barbara Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)