Calls for Art

Shambhala Center Exhibit Opportunity for WCAGA and Shambhala Center Members

Recently Maxine Hess was offered a solo show at the Shambhala Center in Decatur. She spoke to the Center’s Executive Director and Chair of Community Relations about WCAGA. They met with me, Emily Getsay and Maxine to discuss having a WCAGA members’ exhibit in May of this year. The Center is comprised of 3 buildings. WCAGA members and artist members of the Center will have space in each of these buildings to exhibit work based on the theme, Keeping Women’s Voices Loud. The Center is offering the space for free and will be providing refreshments for the opening reception so there will be no fee for entering this exhibit. We estimate the Center can accommodate 35 works.

WHERE: Shambhala Center, 1447 Church St., Decatur, GA 30330

Keeping Women’s Voices Loud

Making art about the thoughts that weigh on our minds is one way that, as artists, we deal with those ideas. They find a voice in our choice of media and concept: political, personal, biological and/or cultural.

Whether our work is created with gentle nuances or bold, aggressive, to the point visuals, our creations are meant to be seen.

Shambhala Meditation Center, a place for contemplation presents a visualization of our thoughts.

CALENDAR

April 24, 2018 – deadline for image submissions

April 26, 2018 – Notification of images chosen

May 1, 2018 – Delivery of work to the Shambhala Center, 10:00AM – 12:00PM

May 1, 2018 – Installation

May 5, 2018 – Opening Reception, 7:00 – 9:00PM

Artist Talk – Date TBD

Community Art Project – Date TBD

May 30, 2018 – Take Down, 10:00AM – 12:00PM

GENERAL INFORMATION

This exhibit is open to all WCAGA and Shambhala Center members in good standing. We have space for 35 works. Work accepted must remain on view for the entire exhibition, May 5 to May 30, 2018.

NOTE: Some images or parts of images may be used for the invitation. If you DO NOT wish us to use your image, please indicate this in your submission.

ENTRY & FEE

If you are a member in good standing of WCAGA or the Shambhala Center there is no fee for this exhibit.

SALES

Please indicate whether your work is for sale and sale price or if not for sale, NFS. The Shambhala Center will receive 20% of the sale price. The remaining 80% will go to the artist.

For IMAGE SUBMISSION please download this PDF File.

© 2018   Created by judy parady.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service